by Aaron J. Leonard
The author of a new book on the FBI's surveillance of folk musicians argues that Woody Guthrie did join the Communist Party, though he was at odds with leadership over discipline. The affiliation is reflected in the lyrics of his most famous song.
by David L. O'Connor
A review of David Maraniss' A Good American Family: My Father and the Red Scare.
- The Girl in the Kent State Photo
- The Historian Annette Gordon-Reed Gets Personal in ‘On Juneteenth’
- The 'America First Caucus' Is Backtracking, But Its Mistaken Ideas About 'Anglo-Saxon' History Still Have Scholars Concerned
- ‘Prejudice’ Exposed? Jane Austen’s Links to Slavery ‘Interrogated’
- 2021 Wolfson Prize Shortlist Announced