Originally published 10/04/2013
A new, large-format book captures the dawn of comics, when the medium had no rules and its messages were surprisingly irreverent.
Originally published 04/28/2013
Image via Shutterstock.Originally posted on TomDispatch.com
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is