SOURCE: The Nation
The Death of Che Guevara Declassified
by Peter Kornbluh
A top-secret CIA memo shows that US officials considered his execution a crucial victory—but they were mistaken in believing Che’s ideas could be buried along with his body.
Execution Still Haunts Village, 50 Years After Che Guevara’s Death
Residents of a tiny Bolivian hamlet vividly recall the day the guerrilla leader was shot at their school. "For us, this was a time of suffering," says a woman who brought him soup.
What Happened to the People Behind the Assassination of Che Guevara?
by Jonathan C. Brown
50 years later, we know.
Confederate Flag NO!—Che Guevara SI! (Says Wal-Mart)
by Humberto Fontova
The hypocrisy of banning the Confederate flag while allowing the sale of Che Guevera posters.
Evil is Alive and Well (And Right Off Our Coast)
by Humberto Fontova
Raul Castro and Che Guevara in 1959. Via Wiki Commons.Foreign reporters -- preferably American -- were much more valuable to us at that time (1957-59) than any military victory. Much more valuable than recruits for our guerrilla force, were American media recruits to export our propaganda." (Che Guevara 1959)“Reporters in Havana are either insensitive to the pain of the opposition 'or in clear complicity' with the government.” (Cuban dissident and torture-victim Jorge Luis García Pérez, known as Antunez, in the Miami Herald, August 7, 2013)
- A Secret Joke Clouds Harvard's Affirmative Action Case
- An Amateur Historian Helped Find Richard III's Remains Under a Parking Garage. Her Story Hits the Screen
- Why LAUSD Teachers Walked Out
- The Role of US Evangelicals in Radicalizing Ugandans Against LGBTQ Rights
- Culture Warrior Chris Rufo is DeSantis's Most Important Ally
- The PR War for Cancer Awareness has Reduced the Stigma, but not the Cost, of Illness
- The Jim Crow Reign of Terror
- Francesca Morgan Dissects the American Obsession with Genealogy
- Florida Legislation Recalls the Tragic History behind Fights for Sex Education
- Kate Strasdin Breaks Down Authenticity on Bridgerton and other Costume Dramas