Originally published 09/08/2013
The Framingham Heart Study, which has been collecting data since 1948, faces a 40 percent budget cut thanks to congressional deadlock.
Originally published 08/23/2013
The budget ax has fallen on a CIA office that focused on declassifying historical materials, a move scholars say will mean fewer public disclosures about long-buried intelligence secrets and scandals.The Historical Collections Division, which has declassified documents on top Soviet spies, a secret CIA airline in the Vietnam War, the Cuban missile crisis and other major operations, has been disbanded. The office that handles Freedom of Information Act requests will take over the work.
Originally published 12/17/2013
Full article: http://hnn.us/article/139709
- Research by Richard Brown and Doron S. Ben-Atar sheds light on colonial bestiality
- Glenn Feldman wins prize for book, "The Irony of the Solid South"
- Prolific Wikipedia editor of women's lit dies in rock climbing accident
- Ronald Radosh says he's under attack from leftists
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage