SOURCE: Washington Post
by Sarah A. Seo
Its discretionary nature has left it ripe for abuse.
SOURCE: Atlanta Voice
by Crystal A. deGregory
I did not watch the video. I do not need to. I know that Sandra Bland did not kill herself—a morally corrupt justice system did.
by David M. Perry
Robert Saylor, a 26-year-old man with Down Syndrome, died after being put in handcuffs by officers outside of a movie theater. That's only one of dozens of recent incidents.
- Trump administration says joint UNC, Duke Middle East Studies program portrays Islam too positively
- What White Kids Learn About Race in School
- Frederick Douglass photos smashed stereotypes. Could Elizabeth Warren selfies do the same?
- Chronicling New York’s Muslim History
- New Documents Illuminate The University of Texas’s Secret Strategy to Keep Out Black Students
- Women Scientists Were Written Out of History. It’s Margaret Rossiter’s Lifelong Mission to Fix That
- Allen C. Guelzo Reviews Sidney Blumenthal's Latest Installment of His Biography of Lincoln
- What Reconstruction-Era Laws Can Teach Our Democracy: The NY Times Reviews Eric Foner's Latest Book
- Should historians read their own book?
- Cokie Roberts, Pioneering Journalist Who Helped Shape NPR, Dies At 75