SOURCE: Washington Post
Disgraced former House speaker Dennis Hastert’s name was trending on Twitter Saturday morning after President Trump suggested “Nancy Pelosi will go down as the absolute worst Speaker of the House in U.S. History!”
by Josh Zeitz
What can he learn from the ghosts of speakers past?
by Ron Elving
The speaker has far more power in the House than any one senator has in the Senate. And at times in our history, the speaker's power has rivaled that of the president himself.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by John Lawrence
Republicans are split on how to balance broad participation against the efficient functioning of the institution.
SOURCE: New York Times
Foley presided over the House from 1989 to 1994.
- Biden Administration Pauses Transfer of Holy Native American Land to Mining Firm
- The Capitol Riot is an Eerie Repeat of this Tense Era in American History
- Tulsa Public Schools To Launch New Curriculum For Teaching The 1921 Race Massacre
- Commentary: A Farewell to Ithaca College after 18 Years
- Passed Over 3 Times, a Black Marine Colonel Is Being Promoted to General
- ‘We Had a Little Real Estate Problem’: Native American Comedians Get Their Due | Book review
- John Muir in Native America
- The Black Republic: African Americans and the Fate of Haiti
- He Risked His Life Filming A Mississippi Senator's Plantation In 1964
- Trinity College Reckons with Slavery Links as Ireland Confronts Collusion with Empire