by Daniel Lazare
Somebody slapped the wrong title on Hugh Kennedy’s political history of Islam from Muhammad to the Ottomans.
SOURCE: Daniel Pipes Blog
by Daniel Pipes
The answer is surprisingly obscure, as most of their attacks do not include clear demands.
This Is What Happened to the Last Person Who Claimed the Caliphate. It Didn't End Well for Him. There’s a Lesson in that.
by Conor Meleady
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi will be no more successful in winning the support of the Muslim world than Husayn of Mecca, the last person to claim the caliph's mantle.
SOURCE: Aydınlık (Turkey)
by Daniel Pipes
"Declaring the caliphate on June 29 was a major event; and the caliphate is an institution whose time has long passed and, therefore, whose revival bodes much trauma."
SOURCE: Oriental Institute (University of Chicago)
by Gil J. stein
"We at the Oriental Institute are excited to be playing a part in this archaeological renaissance."
by Ali A. Olomi
What is significant about Al-Baghdadi’s caliphate?
by Khaled Diab
"The problem with this new caliphate is that it is ahistorical, to say the least."
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel