Trump uses IG report to spread 'deep state' conspiracyRoundup
tags: conspiracy, Trump, deep state
"War of the Two Narratives" may not be the next "Avengers: Infinity War," but it is what the titanic struggle consuming a lot of Washington's attention should be called.
On one side are the courts and prosecutors -- the people who jailed former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort on Friday -- who are investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election, who are pursuing former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen and are raising new questions about the practices of the Trump Foundation.
On the other side is President Donald Trump, who is distorting the findings of Inspector General Michael Horowitz's investigation into the FBI's handling of the Hillary Clinton email probe.
It's a determined effort to discredit those who are investigating him. The new report adds fuel to Trump's attacks on the intelligence community and will be used to play into the stories about a "deep state" out to get him.
Abetting him are supporters such as Rudy Giuliani, who demanded the suspension of special counsel Robert Mueller and the jailing of FBI agent Peter Strzok. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- What Happens When SCOTUS is This Unpopular?
- Eve Babitz's Archive Reveals the Person Behind the Persona
- Making a Uranium Ghost Town
- Choosing History—A Rejoinder to William Baude on The Use of History at SCOTUS
- Alexandria, VA Freedom House Museum Reopens, Making Key Site of Slave Trade a Center for Black History
- Primary Source: Winning World War 1 By Fighting Waste at the Grocery Counter
- The Presidential Records Act Explains How the FBI Knew What to Search For at Mar-a-Lago
- Theocracy Now! The Forgotten Influence of L. Brent Bozell on the Right
- Janice Longone, Chronicler of American Food Traditions
- Revisiting Lady Rochford and Her Alleged Betrayal of Anne Boleyn