U.S. Labels Russian White Supremacist Group as Global TerroristBreaking News
tags: terrorism, White supremacists, Law Enforcement
WASHINGTON—The Trump administration branded a Russian white supremacist group and its top members as global terrorists on Monday, making use of a tool normally used to target radical Islamist groups overseas.
The designation named the Russian Imperial Movement, or RIM, a Russia-based organization with ties to European and U.S.-based white supremacists, as special designated global terrorists. the State Department said. Three senior RIM members were also designated.
The State Department said the designation aimed to curb a global rise in attacks linked to white supremacists who target religious and ethnic minority groups. It was the first time a white supremacist group has been designated as a SDGT, it said in a statement.
“This group has innocent blood on its hands,” top U.S. counterterrorism envoy Nathan Sales told reporters on Monday, linking RIM to terrorist incidents in Sweden.
comments powered by Disqus
- Biden Administration Pauses Transfer of Holy Native American Land to Mining Firm
- The Capitol Riot is an Eerie Repeat of this Tense Era in American History
- Tulsa Public Schools To Launch New Curriculum For Teaching The 1921 Race Massacre
- Commentary: A Farewell to Ithaca College after 18 Years
- Passed Over 3 Times, a Black Marine Colonel Is Being Promoted to General
- ‘We Had a Little Real Estate Problem’: Native American Comedians Get Their Due | Book review
- John Muir in Native America
- The Black Republic: African Americans and the Fate of Haiti
- He Risked His Life Filming A Mississippi Senator's Plantation In 1964
- Trinity College Reckons with Slavery Links as Ireland Confronts Collusion with Empire