The White House Conference on HistoryHot Topics
tags: history education, teaching history, Donald Trump, Revisionist History, 1776 commission
On September 17, Constitution Day, the White House convened a panel discussion of the importance of history to the nation, devoting strong criticism to recent trends emphasizing the importance of racism to the founding and development of the nation. Both academic historians and political activists participated. HNN has published original op-eds and reposted news and opinion items from around the internet on the subject, and gathered them here.
comments powered by Disqus
- An Open Letter from Historians In Support of Railway Workers
- Historian Sarah Federman Tracks French National Railway's Role in Holocaust Transport
- Can the UC Strike Remake Higher Education?
- Trump Keeps Boosting White Supremacists
- Adam Smith Resolved the Identity-Distribution Debate—Why Is it Forgotten?