Major And Champ Are Major Champs In This Election: Dogs Return To The White HouseBreaking News
tags: presidential history, Joe Biden, dogs, 2020 Election, pets
It's the question that millions of Americans have spent five long, anxious days waiting and wondering about: Will there be any dogs in the White House come January?
OK, in what was likely the most consequential election of a lifetime, this is probably the least consequential implication. But it's true. After four years of a president who couldn't abide pets, dogs will once again cavort on the White House lawn.
And yes, President-elect Joe Biden did campaign on that platform. At least on social media.
Let’s put dogs back in the White House. pic.twitter.com/7pBihksfXT— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) November 1, 2020
Biden and his wife, Jill Biden, have two German shepherds, Major and Champ.
While there is a very long tradition of presidential pets, one of the Biden dogs will be making a bit of history. NBC News has reported that Major will be the first rescue dog in the White House. The Bidens fostered and then adopted Major two years ago, through the Delaware Humane Association.
The Bidens got Champ as a puppy in 2008, while Biden was serving as vice president.
On Twitter, Democratic dogs are unleashing a lot of joy over the news.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Family and Kansas History Converge at Nicodemus Reunion
- Law is Unclear Whether Public College Faculty Have Free Speech Rights in Classroom
- Recovering the Story of the Black Men who were the Nation's First Paramedics
- U of Idaho Advises Faculty of Legal Jeopardy for Discussing Abortion in Classrooms
- The Long Shadow of Pinochet Over Chile's Constitutional Referendum
- Misha Matsumoto Yee is Gilder Lehrman's History Teacher of the Year
- Aaron Burr: The Highest Ranking US Official to be Charged with Treason – So Far?
- When Italian Immigrants were Tricked into Debt Peonage in the Jim Crow South
- Joshua Tait: Will Thiel-Backed Extremists Torpedo GOP Senate Hopes?
- Marcus Weaver-Hightower on the Politics of School Lunch