Japanese Internment, Football, and a Legendary TeamHistorians in the News
tags: sports, football, World War 2, Japanese internment, Asian American History
This week we talk to Bradford Pearson, author of the new book, The Eagles of Heart Mountain. It’s the true story of a group of Japanese American teenagers sent to an internment camp in Wyoming, and how their high school team became one of the greatest football squads in state history.
comments powered by Disqus
- Review: Gerald Horne on the Long and Continuous American Counter-Revolution
- The Fall of the American Fraudster?
- Texas Prof Wins John Lewis Award for Work Recovering History of Anti-Mexican Border Violence
- The Racist History of Family Separation, and the Lawyers Challenging It
- Behind America's Relationship to Exercise