Japanese Internment, Football, and a Legendary TeamHistorians in the News
tags: sports, football, World War 2, Japanese internment, Asian American History
This week we talk to Bradford Pearson, author of the new book, The Eagles of Heart Mountain. It’s the true story of a group of Japanese American teenagers sent to an internment camp in Wyoming, and how their high school team became one of the greatest football squads in state history.
comments powered by Disqus
- Alabama's Capitol is a Crime Scene, with a 120 Year Coverup
- Thank a Hungry Badger for Discovering a Vast Cache of Roman Coins
- The Soldiers Came Home Sick. The Government Denied It Was Responsible
- Is the Challenge to Madison Cawthorn's Re-Election Eligibility For Real?
- Healthy Democracies Don't Scapegoat Their Teachers
- Michigan Professor's Intro Video Stunt Leads to Suspension (content: language)
- New Book Asks if Exercise is a Path to Power for Women
- The Indomitable Rev. Addie L. Wyatt
- National Library of Medicine Announces 2022 History Talks
- State Standards are Failing to Teach Reconstruction and Erasing the Black Freedom Struggle