Ksenia Coffman Corrects Nazi History on WikipediaHistorians in the News
tags: Nazism, Wikipedia, public history
Ksenia Coffman has been contributing edits and research regarding the history of World War II to Wikipedia since 2015, taking deliberate efforts to weasel junk history out of the internet’s go-to collection of information. Ksenia recently stepped out from behind the screen to share her identity and work with Wired magazine. This week, she joins SH!TPOST to talk about her motivations for taking on this monumental task, the reactions her contributions have received in the broader Wikipedia community, and her outlook on the importance of accurate history existing online.
Click through to source for podcast audio
comments powered by Disqus
- How the US Government Used Comics to Inform Americans About the Holocaust
- Virginia's Governor Took Away the Most Important Piece of Protest Art in the Country. What Should He Have Done?
- Congressional Commission Unveils Proposal to Rename Bases Honoring Confederates
- The Forgotten School Gun Massacre in Stockton, CA
- An Exclusive Look at the New WWI Memorial