by Unni Turrettini
The Nobel Prize Commiteee has departed from Alfred Nobel's wishes to honor the cause of global demilitarization and disarmament in favor of statements of political favor in the awarding of the Peace Prize.
SOURCE: The Root
A disagreement had split the family of Martin Luther King Jr. after his two sons thought that the icon’s 1964 Nobel Peace Prize medal should be sold, while his daughter opposed the idea.
SOURCE: Tom Dispatch
by Rebecca Gordon
Keep the U.S. Military Out
SOURCE: Associated Press
The 1936 Nobel Peace Prize recipient was Argentina's foreign minister, Carlos Saavedra Lamas.
- Leading Expert on Housing Discrimination Suing Appraisers for Discrimination
- A Century After the Elaine Massacre, Black Farmers in Arkansas Demand Justice
- American Democracy Wasn't Built to be Democratic
- VP Menon, the Civil Servant who Held India Together
- Nicole Hemmer on Alex Jones and the Right-Wing Media Machine