by Unni Turrettini
The Nobel Prize Commiteee has departed from Alfred Nobel's wishes to honor the cause of global demilitarization and disarmament in favor of statements of political favor in the awarding of the Peace Prize.
SOURCE: The Root
A disagreement had split the family of Martin Luther King Jr. after his two sons thought that the icon’s 1964 Nobel Peace Prize medal should be sold, while his daughter opposed the idea.
SOURCE: Tom Dispatch
by Rebecca Gordon
Keep the U.S. Military Out
SOURCE: Associated Press
The 1936 Nobel Peace Prize recipient was Argentina's foreign minister, Carlos Saavedra Lamas.
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time