SOURCE: New York Post
by Josh Hawley
Senator Josh Hawley argues that public schools are obligated to teach "the truth about our history and our purpose that unites us as a nation."
SOURCE: New York Times
Students interviewed were divided between recognizing the pedagogical goal of showing how chivalry could excuse the subordination of women, others (and some parents) disagreed with the method.
Nebraska Just Approved More Inclusive Social Studies Guidelines. They're a Window Into the Changing Way Kids Are Learning U.S. History
Steps taken in Nebraska are a window into the way that conversation is changing, amid increased public scrutiny of what American students are learning about history.
SOURCE: The Center for Michigan
References to gay rights, Roe v. Wade, climate change and “core democratic values” have been stripped from Michigan’s new proposed social studies standards.
SOURCE: AHA Today
AHA Council Issues Letter of Concern Regarding the New York Board of Regents Proposed Modifications to Exams
AHA is concerned about loosening of requirements for social studies.
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time