How Historically Accurate is Spielberg's "Lincoln"?
Louis P. Masur, William R. Kenan Jr., Professor in American Institutions and Values at Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut, talks about the historical accuracy of Stephen Spielberg's "Lincoln" with History News Network editor David Austin Walsh. He recently wrote an article for the Chronicle of Higher Education on the cultural history of Lincoln in cinema.
Click here to download this podcast.
Professor Masur is the author of Lincoln's Hundred Days: The Emancipation Proclamation and the War for the Union, out now from Harvard University Press.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch