Woman who took Stone of Destiny back to Scotland diestags: obituaries, BBC News, Scotland, Stone of Destiny
A leading figure in a plot to return the Stone of Destiny to Scotland more than 60 years ago has died.
Kay Matheson was one of a group of four students who took the relic from Westminster Abbey on Christmas Day 1950.
The stone was taken back to Scotland from where it had been removed by Edward I in 1296 as a spoil of war.
Ms Matheson, who drove a car carrying the stone through police road blocks, died in Wester Ross at the age of 84....
comments powered by Disqus
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding
- Research by Richard Brown and Doron S. Ben-Atar sheds light on colonial bestiality
- Glenn Feldman wins prize for book, "The Irony of the Solid South"
- Prolific Wikipedia editor of women's lit dies in rock climbing accident
- Ronald Radosh says he's under attack from leftists