Woman who took Stone of Destiny back to Scotland diestags: obituaries, BBC News, Scotland, Stone of Destiny
A leading figure in a plot to return the Stone of Destiny to Scotland more than 60 years ago has died.
Kay Matheson was one of a group of four students who took the relic from Westminster Abbey on Christmas Day 1950.
The stone was taken back to Scotland from where it had been removed by Edward I in 1296 as a spoil of war.
Ms Matheson, who drove a car carrying the stone through police road blocks, died in Wester Ross at the age of 84....
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I