Woman who took Stone of Destiny back to Scotland diestags: obituaries, BBC News, Scotland, Stone of Destiny
A leading figure in a plot to return the Stone of Destiny to Scotland more than 60 years ago has died.
Kay Matheson was one of a group of four students who took the relic from Westminster Abbey on Christmas Day 1950.
The stone was taken back to Scotland from where it had been removed by Edward I in 1296 as a spoil of war.
Ms Matheson, who drove a car carrying the stone through police road blocks, died in Wester Ross at the age of 84....
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years