Sri Lankan minister: David Cameron behaving like a "colonialist"Breaking News
tags: United Kingdom, British Empire, David Cameron, Sri Lanka
David Cameron has been accused of behaving like a colonialist by a Sri Lankan minister after he called for an independent inquiry into alleged war crimes in the country.
Mr Cameron will travel to Sri Lanka this week for the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting.
The Prime Minister has faced calls to pull out of the summit over concerns about Sri Lanka's human rights record as well as allegations of war crimes committed during the country's civil war....
comments powered by Disqus
- How a New Kung Fu TV Series Is Reclaiming Much More Than Just the Martial Arts
- Challenging the Massive Gender Imbalance on Wikipedia: Volunteers Write Women Back into History
- Marshall D. Sahlins, Groundbreaking Anthropologist, Dies at 90
- Review: ‘Exterminate All the Brutes’ Rewrites a Brutal History
- The Union Battle at Amazon Is Far from Over
- U-M Medical Historian Says It Appears History Is Repeating Itself In Our Current Pandemic
- The Health Care Crucible (Review)
- Register for Profs and Pints with Denver Brunsman: The 1814 Burning of Washington
- The First ‘Vaccine Passports’ Were Scars from Smallpox Vaccinations
- Unsung and Unknown — Graphic Biography Details Life of First Black Lieutenant Governor, Oscar Dunn