Strange 1924 Article Claimed Hitler 'Favorable to Jews'Breaking News
tags: Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler
Shimon Rahamim, an elderly Israeli, discovered what is perhaps the strangest newspaper article ever – an article in a Hebrew-language newspaper that called Hitler “favorable to the Jewish people.” The article, said Rahamim, is more than a historical curiosity. “It is a warning for the future,” he said.
The article appeared in the Hebrew-language Doar Hayom newspaper, dated August 8, 1924. The article discusses Hitler's role as leader of the “nationalist Germans,” and said that in an interview with a German publication, he had expressed “his warm feelings for the Jewish people.”
Hitler, the article said, had told the interviewer that all nations that had fallen in the past had suffered that fate because of their negative treatment of Jews. “He recommended that the entire world take stock” of their relations with the Jews, and adjust their behavior accordingly....
comments powered by Disqus
- Cherokee Nation Addresses Bias Against Descendants of Enslaved People
- Democrats Can't Kill the Filibuster. But they Can Gut It
- Newly Obtained FBI Files Shed New Light on the Murder of Fred Hampton
- Reading A Letter That's Been Sealed For More Than 300 Years — Without Opening It
- Shelia Washington Dies at 61; Helped Exonerate Scottsboro Boys
- Mock Slave Auctions, Racist Lessons: How US History Class Often Traumatizes, Dehumanizes Black Students
- 'More Dangerous And More Widespread': Conspiracy Theories Spread Faster Than Ever
- Online Roundtable: Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor’s ‘Race for Profit’
- Should Black Northerners Move Back to the South?
- The Deep South Has a Rich History of Resistance, as Amazon Is Learning