Amsterdam couple drop opposition to Holocaust memorial stone outside home after sparking outrageBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Amsterdam
A couple who launched a legal challenge to try and remove a Holocaust memorial plaque removed from the front of their house, have withdrawn the case.
The pair's request prompted uproar after they went to court to try and have a cobblestone taken out of the pavement near the front door of their home in Amsterdam.
They argued that it reminded them of murder and that it attracted visitors, compromising their right to privacy.
comments powered by Disqus
- Will SCOTUS Uphold Claim of Heirs for Return of Pissarro Painting Stolen by Nazis?
- Outcry over Sparse Representation of Jews in Movie History at New Academy Museum in Hollywood
- 60 Minutes Report: Who Betrayed Anne Frank?
- Rev. William Barber II: Voting Rights Not Just a Black Issue
- Manchin and Sinema are Fulfilling John Roberts's Vision
- More Enslaved Africans Came to the Americas Through this Port than Anywhere Else. Why Have so Few Heard of It?
- How one WWII Division Set the Stage for Modern Skiing
- Annette Gordon-Reed: Don't Accept "Cuddly" King Image
- New Book Challenges Civil War Myths in Maryland
- Ambushed in Eufaula: Alabama's Forgotten Racist Massacre