Amsterdam couple drop opposition to Holocaust memorial stone outside home after sparking outrageBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Amsterdam
A couple who launched a legal challenge to try and remove a Holocaust memorial plaque removed from the front of their house, have withdrawn the case.
The pair's request prompted uproar after they went to court to try and have a cobblestone taken out of the pavement near the front door of their home in Amsterdam.
They argued that it reminded them of murder and that it attracted visitors, compromising their right to privacy.
comments powered by Disqus
- Hurricane Dorian Unearths Civil War Cannonballs at South Carolina Beach
- Ms. Monopoly is here. Psst: A woman invented the game in the first place
- 9/11 Is History Now. Here's How American Kids Are Learning About It in Class
- Why Don't We Consider Cannabis Part of the American Herbal Renaissance
- A woman who ran for president in 1872 was compared to Satan and locked up. It wasn’t for her emails.
- Historians push to create public archive of documents from massive opioid litigation
- Fake Citations Kill Historian's Career
- Jim McGrath on Podcasts and Public History
- Uncovering the History of Child Psychiatry: A Conversation with Deborah Blythe Doroshow
- Gerald Ford, Impeachment, and The Difference Between Politics and Law Enforcement