JFK: Take a look at a surprising report card and his application to HarvardBreaking News
tags: Harvard, JFK
Just as the 50th anniversary in 2013 of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy prompted a wave of coverage about his life, so, too, will the marking on Monday, which is Memorial Day, of what would have been his 100th birthday.
As I published in 2013, here are some interesting documents related to Kennedy’s education that reveal some surprising things about him. They come from the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, which digitized records relating to his educational experience.
Here’s his Harvard University application — in his own handwriting — as well as his grades from the Choate School and a letter from his father, Joseph Kennedy, to the Harvard admissions dean explaining that JFK was “brilliant” but “careless” and “lacks ambition” for things that didn’t interest him.
comments powered by Disqus
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream