Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German ActivistsBreaking News
Bjoern Hoecke, a leading politician in Germany’s far-right AfD party, sparked outrage at the start of the year when he criticized Berlin’s world-famous and highly acclaimed Holocaust memorial.
“Germans are the only people in the world who plant a monument of shame in the heart of the capital,” Hoecke said, according to Reuters.
Now, 10 months later, a group of German artists have come up with a powerful response: They have built a replica of the memorial outside Hoecke’s rural home.
comments powered by Disqus
- USA Today Publishes New Articles As Part Of Series, "1619: Searching for Answers"
- Washington doesn't have a Latino history museum. These people are hoping to change that
- A history of key United Auto Workers strikes against GM
- Fact-checking Andrew Yang on history of universal basic income
- Hobby Lobby Will Return Biblical Antiquities Allegedly Stolen by Oxford Professor
- Historians Allison Horrocks and Mary Mahoney bring history to life in podcast
- Modern art historian, US museum director and clergyman EA Carmean, Jr has died, age 74
- Historian Andrew David Teaching Impeachment during an Impeachment Inquiry
- Historian Brad Simpson Says He's Never Read a Letter As Unhinged As Trump's To Erdogan
- Academic Twitter's Gender Imbalance