Italians Played Active Role in Holocaust, Professor Claims in "Historiographical Counterblast"Breaking News
tags: Holocaust, Italy
A recently translated book about the Holocaust has claimed that Italian citizens played a crucial and enthusiastic role in the Nazi genocide during World War II.
Historian Simon Levis Sullam’s book, The Italian Executioners: The Genocide of the Jews of Italy, was published in 2015 but only translated into English this year. In the book, Sullam provides what he calls a “historiographical counterblast” to shed light on the complicity of Italians in one of the worst crimes in human history, The Times of Israel said.
Sullam tracked more than 6,000 Italian Jews who were murdered during the final two years of the war. Most were detained and sent to Nazi concentration camps with the help of anti-Semitic Italian laws.
comments powered by Disqus
- Jefferson Davis Memorial Chair Stolen from Alabama Cemetery Found in New Orleans, 2 Arrested
- It’s Time to Reframe Voting Rights in the Courts
- Who are 'White Lies Matter’? Meet the Group that Says it Turned a Stolen Confederate Memorial into a Toilet
- San Francisco Schools Will Keep Jefferson, Lincoln and Washington Names
- The Man Who Waited 50 Years for This Moment
- Washington History Seminar – Until Justice Be Done: America’s First Civil Rights Movement, from the Revolution to Reconstruction
- Washington History Seminar – Stalin: Passage to Revolution, Monday, April 12
- 2021 Winners of the Guggenheim Fellowship are Announced
- Devoted to the Deaf, Did Alexander Graham Bell Do More Harm Than Good?
- Retro Report Presents: How an Abstinence Pledge in the ’90s Shamed a Generation of Evangelicals