New Poll Finds that Canadians Don’t Know About the Women Who Shaped their HistoryBreaking News
tags: Canada, womens history
As part of women’s history month, Historica Canada published an article which states that approximately 55 per cent of Canadians are uninformed about the accomplishments of Canadian women.
Of the roughly 1,000 Canadians aged 18 or over who were surveyed, many were unable to pass a test about the role of women in Canadian politics, arts, culture, and military history. A majority of both men and women failed the 12-question true-or-false quiz, and only three per cent received an “A” grade.
Eryk Martin, an instructor in Kwantlen Polytechnic University’s department of history, is disappointed but unsurprised by these results.
comments powered by Disqus
- How the US Government Used Comics to Inform Americans About the Holocaust
- Virginia's Governor Took Away the Most Important Piece of Protest Art in the Country. What Should He Have Done?
- Congressional Commission Unveils Proposal to Rename Bases Honoring Confederates
- The Forgotten School Gun Massacre in Stockton, CA
- An Exclusive Look at the New WWI Memorial