Last Polish Inmate From 1940 Transport to Auschwitz DiesBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Poland, Auschwitz
Officials at the Auschwitz Memorial say Kazimierz Albin, the last surviving inmate from the initial transport of Poles to the German Nazi camp, has died. He was 96.
Auschwitz’s press office said Wednesday that Albin died Monday. The information came from Albin’s family.
The Germans caught Albin in 1940 as he fled occupied Poland to join Polish armed forces abroad.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Deep South Has a Rich History of Resistance, as Amazon Is Learning
- America’s Political Roots Are in Eutaw, Alabama
- University Finds 18th-Century Schoolhouse Where Black Children Learned to Read
- Searching for Our Urban Future in the Ruins of the Past
- Denied a Teaching Job for Being ‘Too Black,’ She Started Her Own School — And a Movement