Poll: Majority of Democrats think Obama was better president than WashingtonBreaking News
tags: George Washington, presidential rankings, Obama, presidential history
A majority of Democratic voters said former President Obama was a better leader than founding father and first president of the U.S. George Washington in a new poll.
The poll, conducted by Monmouth University, found that 63 percent of Democratic survey respondents believed that Obama was a better president than Washington. Twenty-nine percent of those polled believed that Washington beat out the 44th president.
Among all registered voters surveyed, 58 percent say Washington was a better president compared to 33 percent for Obama. Compared to Trump, Washington received 71 percent support while the president received 15 percent.
Forty-four percent of Republican voters polled said Washington was a better president than Trump, while 37 percent said Trump is better than Washington.
comments powered by Disqus
- Comfort From a 102-Year-Old Who has Lived Through a Flu Pandemic, the Depression and WWII
- The Supreme Court’s Disturbing Order to Effectively Disenfranchise Thousands of Wisconsin Voters
- Another Virus on the Loose: Coronavirus and White Supremacy Make a Terribly Toxic Combination
- Time For The Dems To Earn The Hatred Of The Wealthy And Connected
- A Lesson on Voting Rights—And Suppression—During a Pandemic that Students Won’t Learn in Textbooks