German Officials to Discuss Reported U.S. Attempt to Buy Exclusive Rights to Coronavirus VaccineBreaking News
tags: public health, vaccines, Donald Trump, coronavirus, Pharmaceutical Industry
BERLIN — German officials will discuss a reported U.S. attempt to secure the rights to any coronavirus vaccine developed by a German pharmaceutical company in crisis meetings on Monday, the country's interior minister said, amid concerns that the Trump administration was trying to monopolize the market.
Interior Minister Horst Seehofer, when asked to confirm a report the Trump administration was attempting to secure exclusive rights to any vaccine created by the German biopharmaceutical firm CureVac, said he had “heard from several other members of government today that is the case.”
Germany’s Welt am Sonntag newspaper reported Sunday that the administration wanted to secure the rights and move research and development to the United States. The vaccine would be developed “only for the USA,” the newspaper said.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Unluckiest Generation In U.S. History
- Larry Kramer, Author and Outspoken AIDS Activist, Dies at 84
- They Survived the Worst Battles of World War II. And Died of the Virus.
- The Story Of How The First White Member Of Delta Sigma Theta Was A Segregationist’s Worst Nightmare
- On This Day in 1943: White Workers Riot After Black Workers Promoted in Mobile, Alabama