Holocaust Memorial Event 'Zoom Bombed' with Hitler ImagesBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Israel, anti-Semitism, coronavirus, Zoom
An online Holocaust memorial event held by the Israeli Embassy in Germany was temporarily suspended Monday after it was “Zoom bombed” with anti-Semitic slogans and photos of Adolf Hitler.
The “Zoom bombers” interrupted Holocaust survivor Zvi Herschel’s speech in the Zoom meeting the day before Holocaust Memorial Day in Israel by posting photos of Hitler and yelling anti-Semitic slogans.
Jeremy Issacharoff, Israel’s ambassador to Germany, posted about the incident on Twitter, saying “To dishonour the memory of the #Holocaust and the dignity of the survivor is beyond shame and disgrace and shows the blatant antisemitic nature of the activists.”
The meeting continued after “a short break” without the activists “in an appropriate and respectful way,” Issacharoff tweeted.
comments powered by Disqus
- Will Midwest Governors Challenge Florida's Conservative Education Agenda?
- Is a Third Intifada Imminent?
- DeSantis's War on Universities Goes Beyond the Influential "Powell Memo"
- Anthropologist on Gathering Family History: Ask Your Elders the Right Questions
- Irony Alert: GOP Stages Anti-Socialist Show Vote while Preparing to Convene in the Most Socialist City in America