Rashid Khalidi on Palestinian History: From The Ottoman Empire to Settler ColonialismHistorians in the News
tags: colonialism, Palestine, Rashid Khalidi, Ottoman Empire, Middle East history
Guest: Rashid Khalidi is the Edward Said Professor of Modern Arab Studies at Columbia University in New York and editor of the Journal of Palestine Studies. He is the author of several books including, Palestinian Identity, Brokers of Deceit, and The Iron Cage, and his latest, The Hundred Year’s War on Palestine: A History of Settler Colonialism and Resistance, 1917–2017.
(visit linked page to listen or download podcast audio)
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel