HNN Hot Topics: ThanksgivingHot Topics
Why Is Our Thanksgiving Bird Called a Turkey?
Answer: Because the Turks were the first Old Worlders to domesticate the bird.
The Truth About Thanksgiving Is that the Debunkers Are Wrong
Setting people straight about Thanksgiving myths has become as much a part of the annual holiday as turkey, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie.
Thanksgiving Day Myths
So what do most Americans believe happened on that first Thanksgiving Day?
Top 10 Myths About Thanksgiving
The Pilgrims didn't even hold the first Thanksgiving.
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c|
|Happy Evacuation Day|
comments powered by Disqus
roxyrohit roxy rohit - 11/25/2009
hi every i really like your comment many knowledgeable information in this site and every articles in this site really very nice thanks for share it.
used toyota landcruiser--used toyota landcruiser
Jeremy Dupertuis Bangs - 11/19/2007
Time to crawl out from under my rock again. Several review articles of mine about Thanksgiving and related topics are posted at www.sail1620.org
These include responses to the WSJ article of 2005, to the History Channel's "Untold Story" (2006), and to various misconceptions frequently found on websites for and against common ideas about the Pilgrims and their Thanksgiving. My book, of which drafts of the first two chapters are posted there, is about 20 pp. from being finished and should be available next year. Present working title:
The Pilgrims, Leiden, and the Foundations of Plymouth Plantation.
Jeremy Bangs, Director
Leiden American Pilgrim Museum
Jeremy Dupertuis Bangs - 11/20/2006
For a scholarly re-examination of Pilgrim origins in England and Amsterdam you are welcome to read the first two chapters of a book I'm writing (The Pilgrims, Leiden, and the Early Years of Plymouth Plantation) - available online at:
- Ahead of its 100th anniversary, revisiting the Seattle General Strike and the city’s long legacy of organized labor
- Kamala Harris is among the few black women to run for president. Here is the amazing story of the first.
- On MLK Day, descendants of Lee, Stonewall Jackson urge Va. to halt Confederate tributes
- Foreign interference in US elections dates back decades
- On Martin Luther King Jr. Day, remembering the women civil rights leaders left out of spotlight
- Julian Zelizer blasts Pence for comparing Donald Trump to MLK
- Writer Reflects on Arthur Schlesinger Jr.'s "The Vital Center"
- Heather Cox Richardson On The First Government Shutdown In U.S. History
- A New History of Native Americans Responds to ‘Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee’
- Historian's new TV series tears apart America's revered founding myths