- Clerk of the House of Representatives: Political Divisions of the House of Representatives (1789 to Present)
- Senate Historian: Party Division in the Senate, 1789-Present
- Rick Shenkman: Getting the Facts Straight About Midterm Elections
- Rick Shenkman: Dramatic Off-Year Elections in Recent American Political History
- Jack Beatty: War and the American Voter
Commentary About the Midterms of 2010
- Bonnie K. Goodman: Historians Assess Midterm Elections
- Bonnie K. Goodman: Midterm Elections—Results, Reactions & Post Election Wrap-up to Historic Republican Sweep
- HNN Poll: Midterm Postmortem -- Have Your Say!
- Bonnie K. Goodman: Political Highlights: Midterm Elections 2010: Live Blogging
- Gil Troy: Obama 2.0 Must Lead from the Center Humbly and Substantively
- Colin Gordon: More Effective Government Would Neutralize Tea Party
- Steven Conn: Party Like It's 1892!
- Robert Reich: Why Obama Should Learn the Lesson of 1936, Not 1996
- John B. Judis: A Lost Generation
- Burton Folsom: 2010 vs. 1938—Obama and FDR
- Julian E. Zelizer: Is It 1994 All Over Again?
- Louis P. Masur: Take Heart, Barack: Honest Abe Had a Rough Midterm Too
- Congress will be gridlocked after the election, predicts Zelizer
- Julian E. Zelizer: Other Midterm Defeats for Democrats
- Bonnie K. Goodman: Historians Defend Obama at Midterm
- Julian E. Zelizer: Why Christine O'Donnell is Not You
- Victor Davis Hanson: The Coming GOP Gift to the President
- Christopher Bates: For Presidents, Losing Midterm Vote is the Norm
- NYT: Obama, Empathy and the Midterms
- Stanley Kutler: The Bipartisan Politics of Fear
- Vote iQ Hot Topics: The 2010 Elections
- Michael Gerson: Will 2010 Midterms Be 1994 All Over Again?
- Joseph A. Palermo: There's No Good News for Democrats Because There's No Good News
- Julian E. Zelizer: Time for Obama to Put Cards on Table
- Michael Barone: Midterms: Route 66 for the GOP?
Commentary About the Midterms of 2006
- Historians' Comments on the Midterm Elections
- Jonathan Zimmerman: US midterms rebutted cynical liberals who rail about the public's stupidity and ignorance
- Thomas C. Reeves: Triumphant Democrats II
- Derek Catsam: The Unpredictability of an Unhappy Electorate
- Ira Chernus: The Unfinished Story of Election 2006
- Richard Neumann: Three Questions about the 2006 Elections
- Sidney Blumenthal: The American revolution of 2006 and beyond
- Rick Perlstein: What the Dems Owe the Bloggers (Plenty)
- Rick Perlstein: The Democrats won, but they shouldn't for a second let victory cause them to forget the Republicans' dirty tricks operation.
- Media Matters: Coulter dismissed Democratic electoral gains as"pathetic" by historical standards -- is she right?
- Niall Ferguson: 1958 and today's GOP
- David Greenberg: The Myth of the 6-Year Itch
- Rick Shenkman: Bush faces a Democratic Congress
- Robert Schmuhl: Reagan and the 1994 GOP sweep
- Richard K. Neumann Jr.: Despite Democrats' edge in the popular vote, Republicans have kept command of Congress
- Sidney Blumenthal: It's Rove's midterm to lose
- Michael Barone: Democrats may take Congress, but will it matter in the long run?
- Media Matters: Coulter misstated midterm election history, declared Democrats will"go away as a party" if they don't achieve what would be historic gains in House
- Rick Shenkman: Mea Culpa: When history is a bad guide to elections
Commentary About the Midterms of 2002
comments powered by Disqus
- Ahead of its 100th anniversary, revisiting the Seattle General Strike and the city’s long legacy of organized labor
- Kamala Harris is among the few black women to run for president. Here is the amazing story of the first.
- On MLK Day, descendants of Lee, Stonewall Jackson urge Va. to halt Confederate tributes
- Foreign interference in US elections dates back decades
- On Martin Luther King Jr. Day, remembering the women civil rights leaders left out of spotlight
- Julian Zelizer blasts Pence for comparing Donald Trump to MLK
- Writer Reflects on Arthur Schlesinger Jr.'s "The Vital Center"
- Heather Cox Richardson On The First Government Shutdown In U.S. History
- A New History of Native Americans Responds to ‘Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee’
- Historian's new TV series tears apart America's revered founding myths