by Richard Moe
“We told the truth, we obeyed the law, we kept the peace and we championed human rights.”
by Yoav J. Tenembaum
History has taught us that every attempt by the United States to settle the Arab Israeli conflict by advancing its own peace plan has failed.
by Ronald L. Feinman
It would be wise if the next President of the United States examined the records of accomplishment in foreign policy of the three most recent Democratic Presidents.
by Jeremy Kuzmarov
Even though Carter wants to be remembered as a peace president, the fact is that his presidency was crucial to the revival of American militarism after Vietnam.
SOURCE: The Hill
by Joel K. Goldstein
Part of his underappreciated legacy as president was the historic role he played in elevating the vice presidency from an awkward, standby position to a constructive part of government on an ongoing basis.
Liberals yearn to believe in post-ideological blank slates -- and get disappointed every time. Will we ever learn?
by Thomas Frank
“We are such losers”
SOURCE: Telegraph (UK)
Tomorrow marks the 90th anniversary of the moment that the Earl of Carnarvon and Howard Carter, working in primitive conditions in the desert, found and opened the tomb.They became the first people to lay eyes upon the boy king's sarcophagus in 3,000 years, and also made an “extraordinary contribution” to our historical understanding, the fifth earl’s ancestor and namesake George Herbert has said.Ahead of the anniversary the current Lord Carnarvon praised the "determined and stoic behaviour" of the archaeological team....
- A girl named Greta and the seriously sexist history of Time’s Person of the Year
- Poll: Majority of Democrats think Obama was better president than Washington
- Civil War Soldiers Used Hair Dye to Make Themselves Look Better in Pictures, Archaeologists Discover
- Monumental statue of black man defies Confederate monuments
- From Consensus To Deadlock: Is Impeachment Still A Check On Presidents?
- Black Scholars Respond to Dr. Lorgia García Peña Tenure Denial at Harvard
- Historians Kirsten Weld and Erik Baker Interviewed About Harvard Graduate Worker Strike in Chronicle of Higher Education
- Kate Shaw: Andrew Johnson Was Impeached for Being a Racist Demagogue
- Bullets That Killed John F. Kennedy Immortalized as Digital Replicas by Smithsonian
- 37 books for history lovers: 11 Historians Select Their Favorite Books of 2019