Originally published 12/15/2013
And that must mean "The Nutcracker."
Originally published 05/31/2010
Guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns in Arlington National Cemetary. Credit: Flickr.Who Invented Memorial Day? By Jim Downs (5-28-12)It's Time for a National World War I Memorial By Julian Saltman (5-28-12)At Last, Honor for Albert Wedemeyer, a Great American Soldier By Thomas Fleming (5-28-12)How to Forget on Memorial Day By Tom Engelhardt (5-28-12)Birthplace of Memorial Day? (NYT 5-27-12)
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets