James Johnson's business, policy and philanthropy resume led a colleague to call him "the chairman of the universe."
by Joel K. Goldstein
Walter Mondale's choice of Representative Geraldine Ferraro as his running mate in 1984 opened the major parties' general election tickets to women for the first time. Will Joe Biden's campaign fulfill that promise this year?
by Richard Moe
“We told the truth, we obeyed the law, we kept the peace and we championed human rights.”
by Ronald L. Feinman
Walter Mondale and Joe Biden
SOURCE: Washington Post
Mondale was recognized as one of the most prominent political spouses of her era.
- Suffrage: Women's Long Battle for the Vote (Virtual Event, 10/26)
- The Supreme Court Is Helping Republicans Rig Elections
- Online Lecture: Stolen: Five Free Boys Kidnapped Into Slavery and Their Astonishing Odyssey Home (11/2)
- In a Land of Cul-de-Sacs, the Street Grid Stages a Comeback
- Frontline: Whose Vote Counts?