SOURCE: Special to HNN
by Dr. Alon Ben-Meir
The lack of a clear American strategy in Iraq to which President Obama recently admitted (“We don’t yet have a complete strategy because it requires commitments on the part of the Iraqis”) is baffling
Shia and Sunni Have Been at Each Other’s Throats for a Thousand Years? Architecture Shows this Isn’t True.
by Stephennie Mulder
What Architecture Can Tell Us about the Sectarian History of Islam
by Juan Cole
The 'age-old passions' trope is such a convenient plot device that people always fall for it.
SOURCE: Informed Comment
by Juan Cole
The results of the Iraqi parliamentary elections are in, and everybody lost.
- Where Americans Agree and Disagree on Teaching Race in School
- Is Alito's Plan to Repeal the 20th Century?
- Why the End of Roe Isn't Likely to Energize the Democrats
- Smithsonian Announces Plans to Return Looted, Unethically Sourced Artifacts
- Traveling Smithsonian Exhibition to Highlight 1968 Poor People's Campaign
- The Rent is Too Damn High(ly Central to Modern Economies)
- The Anti-Abortion Movement's Pre-Roe Roots
- Virtual Event: Scholars Discuss Free Speech at American Writers Museum May 18
- Abortion Historian Gillian Frank on Religious Leaders who Once Helped Women End Pregnancies
- Tim Snyder Discusses Putin's "Big Lie" about Ukraine on Maddow