SOURCE: Special to HNN
by Dr. Alon Ben-Meir
The lack of a clear American strategy in Iraq to which President Obama recently admitted (“We don’t yet have a complete strategy because it requires commitments on the part of the Iraqis”) is baffling
Shia and Sunni Have Been at Each Other’s Throats for a Thousand Years? Architecture Shows this Isn’t True.
by Stephennie Mulder
What Architecture Can Tell Us about the Sectarian History of Islam
by Juan Cole
The 'age-old passions' trope is such a convenient plot device that people always fall for it.
SOURCE: Informed Comment
by Juan Cole
The results of the Iraqi parliamentary elections are in, and everybody lost.
- 75 Years After World War II Theft, a Painting Returns to Italy
- U.S. Ship Sunk in World War II by German Sub Is Found Off Maine Coast
- The Woman Who Discovered the Cause of Global Warming Was Long Overlooked. Her Story Is a Reminder to Champion All Women Leading on Climate
- Iran Confrontation With U.K. Reflects History of Bad Blood
- The deadly race riot ‘aided and abetted’ by The Washington Post a century ago
- Tom Engelhardt Writes Personal and Historical Essay: Turning 75 in the Age of Trump
- Historian Drew Gilpin Faust Pens Personal and Historical Essay: "Race, History, and Memories of a Virginia Girlhood"
- WBUR Is Belatedly Giving Credit to a Female Historian for a Segment
- Behind the men on the moon, there were thousands of women
- Professor Rebecca Gordon Pens Essay Revealing Her Abortion and Examines Ongoing History of Roe v. Wade