How Hudson Stuck's Ascent of Denali Boosted Recognition of Indigenous AlaskansBooks
tags: Native American history, Alaska, Denali, conservation, missionaries
Patrick Dean is the author of A Window to Heaven: The Daring First Ascent of Denali, America's Wildest Peak. He writes on the outdoors, outdoor athletes, and the environment. He has worked as a teacher, a political media director, and is presently the executive director of a rail-trail nonprofit.
comments powered by Disqus
- How the US Government Used Comics to Inform Americans About the Holocaust
- Virginia's Governor Took Away the Most Important Piece of Protest Art in the Country. What Should He Have Done?
- Congressional Commission Unveils Proposal to Rename Bases Honoring Confederates
- The Forgotten School Gun Massacre in Stockton, CA
- An Exclusive Look at the New WWI Memorial