Classroom Activity Kit: The History of Private Prisons in the U.S.Historians/History
tags: teachers, classroom, education, lesson plans
Isabella Delpino, Jared Levinson and Matthew Crawford are interns with the History News Network.
This activity kit was edited by Chelsea Connolly and Kyla Sommers.
This activity kit is intended to teach students about the history of private prisons in the United States. Students will watch two videos, read news articles in small groups, and then combine their knowledge to create a timeline as a class, followed by a class discussion. This activity engages student’s analytical, critical thinking, and research skills. All necessary materials are included.
Download the full activity kit here.
comments powered by Disqus
- Mrs. America Conjures Up the Messy History of 1970s Feminism—and Anti-Feminism
- How the Coronavirus Bailout Repeats 2008’s Mistakes: Huge Corporate Payoffs With Little Accountability
- U.S. Labels Russian White Supremacist Group as Global Terrorist
- John Prine Dies at 73; Acclaimed Folksinger, Songwriter Created Classics of Lyricism and Storytelling
- U.S. Will Give Terrorist Label to White Supremacist Group for First Time