Classroom Activity Kit: The History of Private Prisons in the U.S.Historians/History
tags: teachers, classroom, education, lesson plans
Isabella Delpino, Jared Levinson and Matthew Crawford are interns with the History News Network.
This activity kit was edited by Chelsea Connolly and Kyla Sommers.
This activity kit is intended to teach students about the history of private prisons in the United States. Students will watch two videos, read news articles in small groups, and then combine their knowledge to create a timeline as a class, followed by a class discussion. This activity engages student’s analytical, critical thinking, and research skills. All necessary materials are included.
Download the full activity kit here.
comments powered by Disqus
- 1957 Jerry Jones Photo Shows How Close The Past Really Is
- "Nutcracker" Rooted in Dark Parts of Russian History
- Black Germans Hope to Change Name of Berlin's "Uncle Tom's Cabin" Metro Station
- DeSantis-Backed School Boards Flex Power to Oust District Leaders
- Separating Good and Silly Criticism of FIRE in the Campus Speech Debate