Classroom Activity Kit: The History of Sports ActivismHistorians/History
tags: teachers, classroom, education, lesson plans
Jonathan Montano, Laura Gonzalez, and Lila Someshwar are interns with the History News Network.
This activity kit was edited by Chelsea Connolly and Kyla Sommers.
Professional athletes have the power to create social change—and they’ve done so throughout time. As a microcosm of human interaction, sports challenges us to interact with others. Often, those we encounter are quite different in many respects. Diversity in sports involves not only players having different sets of skills but also players having differences in beliefs, opinions, and experiences. This kit takes a look at athletes who have pioneered social change.
Download the full activity kit here.
comments powered by Disqus
- 1957 Jerry Jones Photo Shows How Close The Past Really Is
- "Nutcracker" Rooted in Dark Parts of Russian History
- Black Germans Hope to Change Name of Berlin's "Uncle Tom's Cabin" Metro Station
- DeSantis-Backed School Boards Flex Power to Oust District Leaders
- Separating Good and Silly Criticism of FIRE in the Campus Speech Debate